ROI Analyst / Value Engineer (NEW!)
Senior Analyst, Analyst and Associate Roles Available
Locations Hiring: Virtual Position (Anywhere in the US)
Technology Finance Partners, in our third decade as a leader in sales consulting and enablement, is looking for A-players who are ready to jump in to a rewarding, challenging and fun opportunity and career.
Our clients are mid-size to large enterprise software and technology companies. We work within vendor organizations and in close partnership with the sales, marketing, and finance functions.
This particular position sits in our booming value-selling practice. Our value engineers build opportunity-specific ROI and TCO analyses to demonstrate the financial value of our clients’ solutions in their customer environments. These custom analysis are crucial documents that help our clients close business while helping their customers make informed financial decisions.
A Typical Day Includes
- Meeting with client sales teams about upcoming opportunities
- Leading interview sessions with our clients’ customers, asking precise questions, and listening carefully for quantitative values
- Building opportunity-specific financial analyses that are clean, mathematically rigorous, and professional
- Presenting analyses to customers, answering questions, and changing numbers on the fly in response to customer feedback
- Tracking activity and reporting results to TFP and to client executive management
Required Skills and Experience
- Fabulous quantitative skills focused on extreme Excel aptitude. We will test this. If you can’t tell us why you adore Microsoft Excel, then this isn’t the job for you.
- Be a great listener. Every ROI engagement is an opportunity to demonstrate that we can listen to customer and deliver an analysis that meets their unique needs.
- Comfort in presenting detailed financial material to a wide range of audiences from the number-phobic to CFOs. You have to be able to tell a story with numbers. Excel can be art–don’t fight it.
- Detail oriented. No, maybe that doesn’t quite cover it. Let’s go with “detail obsessed.” Any math error, any typo, and all formatting miscues reflect poorly on both TFP and our clients, who pay TFP healthy retainers to perform excellent work. We are going to test this, too (don’t skip past the final line of this posting).
- Record of building strong customer relationships throughout organizations
- Ability to leverage broad knowledge pragmatically to solve the business problem at hand
- A strong, working knowledge of finance and financial theory. You don’t need a CFA. But if you can’t read an income statement then we have a problem.
- A sense of humor (this is good for anyone, really). Sometimes a client or a customer disagrees with your reasoning, or with a number, or with an analytical approach. That’s fine–there is no reason to take it personally. But you have to be able to guide all parties to a compromise that everyone can accept. Not everyone is good at this, but it’s a critical differentiator for this role.
- You don’t need to be an engineer or technologist (though it doesn’t hurt!). But you must be comfortable talking about technology from a financial perspective.
This May Be the Place for You if You…
- Are versatile, and enjoy the challenge and fun of working with a broad range of technologies, personalities, business needs, and industry verticals
- Can build strong relationships based on knowledge and extraordinary responsiveness
- Exude a professional presence and have the ability to develop trust at all levels of the sales and finance organizations
- Maintain calm, listen critically, and solve problems in challenging situations
- Can multi-task (you will usually be managing many transactions at a time)
- Find real excitement working with sales people and understand and enjoy the challenges of the sales process
This is a Virtually-Located Position!
We are looking for a full-time, full salary, employee hire. But this position is work from home, or from a remote office of your choosing (reimbursement of office expenses is available). You need a reliable internet connection and a quiet place to present yourself and your work in a professional manner. This position may eventually require occasional travel to client and customer sites.
Benefits of Working for TFP Include
- A competitive salary based on the experience you bring to TFP
- An annual merit-based bonus
- A comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and 401K
- A strong support team with whom to collaborate and from whom to learn
- An environment respectful of work-life balance
How to Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter to: HR@technologyfinancepartners.com
Note: we will not consider or respond to any applications lacking a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this particular position.