Vendor Finance: Relationship Sales
Senior Consultant, Consultant and Associate Roles Available
Locations Hiring: Silicon Valley and London, UK
Technology Finance Partners (TFP), one of Inc.’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2013 and 2014, is looking for A-players with relevant experience for its growing sales consulting organization. Our clients are mid-size to large enterprise software and technology companies.
TFP plays a major role improving sales execution. We work within the vendors’ organizations, in close partnership with the sales, marketing, and finance organizations. We are currently searching for a star performer to sit onsite at one of our largest, most prestigious clients in Silicon Valley.
Technology Finance Partners excels at evangelizing the power of the financial sale, driving the financial sale in parallel with the technical sale. We put technology sales in terms that resonate with financial and business decision makers. Relationships are key, domain expertise is key, execution is key.
This is a tactical, high-visibility role performed within our clients’ organizations. If you’re a problem solver, we want to talk to you.
You must have the ability to build trust, becoming a valued member of the sales and management teams. You will directly interface with technology vendors and their customers to develop solutions that overcome financial hurdles to a technology sale. Success occurs at the transaction level – hands-on problem solving is required.
Our consultants are responsible for the success of our vendor finance programs. TFP manages virtual Captive Finance Programs for leading technology firms in the US and in Europe. This job demands pro-action, quick-thinking, and credibility at all levels of the organization. Sales and Sales Support with a financial twist!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships built on trust and an ability to solve problems. You own it.
- Interface with client and client customers to provide customized financial solutions that address the customer’s financial hurdles – budgets, cash flow, lack of priority, failed ROI and Payback metrics, operating vs. capital dollars available, etc.
- Conduct preliminary customer qualification by reviewing financial statements and conducting company research as necessary. (15 minutes)
- Proactively identify and work with funding source(s) to determine the appropriate pricing, structure and additional requirements related to the opportunity. (24 hours)
- Prepare “payment term” proposals to be delivered to the customer, including pricing and structuring of standard and non-standard transactions, consistent output and formatting. Each proposal is entered into SF.com, each proposal is reviewed with the sales team and the VAR in detail same day (24 hours)
- Continually communicate the deal status and any outstanding issues to all interested parties, with regular follow-up, including escalation, to ensure closing out open items.
- Obtain and deliver information to funding source necessary for credit decision.
- Prepare or work with funding source on preparation of lease documents and delivery of documents to customer.
- Track and report transaction activity, including quotes/proposals, approved/declined ratios, and completed/funded transactions.
- Provide periodic revenue forecast and pipeline reports managed in Salesforce.com.
- Identify and communicate to Account Manager any opportunities to increase TFP presence within account, including maximum utilization of services covered under the retainer agreement, as well as additional value-added services that would benefit the client, but which are not currently provided as part of the agreement.
- Generate fee income related to the financing activity.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Record of building strong customer relationships throughout organizations (sales, finance, marketing)
- Sales, business, and pipeline development aptitude required
- A level of comfort with sales revenue targets as a basis for performance measurement
- Leverage broad knowledge pragmatically to solve the business problem at hand. Get the ball across the goal line
- Application of time-value-of-money concepts and calculations, financial skills in solving business problems
- Salesforce.com, T-Value experience is a plus.
- Lease, loan, financing experience (documentation, operations, quotations)
Consultant and Senior Consultant:
- Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with varying levels of functional knowledge
- Technical and business writing skills (whitepapers, proposals)
- Presentation skills (public speaking, meeting facilitation, and white boarding)
This may be the place for you if you are able to:
- Believe that there are no problems, only solutions
- Build strong relationships based on knowledge and extraordinary responsiveness.
- Exude a professional presence and have the ability to develop trust at all levels of the sales and finance organizations.
- Maintain calm, listen critically, and solve problems in challenging situations.
- Multi-task – often managing many transactions at a time.
- Find real excitement working with sales people and understand the urgency of the sales process.
- Demonstrate street smarts – read people and situations and respond appropriately to a variety of challenges.
- Persuade people and companies to change the ways they do business.
- Be thick skinned and have a good sense of humor!
Benefits of working for TFP include:
- An extremely competitive salary and annual merit-based bonus, plus a comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, and 401K.
- A strong support team with whom to collaborate and from whom to learn.
- High level of autonomy (extreme independence) and recognition as an individual contributor
- An environment respectful of work-life balance
If interested, please send your resume and cover email to: HR@tfpllc.com